The Top 3 Reasons Women Get Labiaplasty
- They want their bodies (labia) to function better.
- They want to look better in clothes and out of clothes.
- They want to feel better about themselves and their bodies.
It’s a delicate subject, but an important one for your health and satisfaction. Simply put, childbirth causes many changes to your vaginal area. New Mothers and Father worry about everything returning to normal “down there” after child birth.
Following vaginal births, a lot of women experience ‘laxity’ of the vaginal canal and perineal muscles which sustain a lot of stretching at the time of delivery of a baby’s head. Those tissues lose their normal strength especially as women age which cause women to experience a decrease in vaginal sensation/gratification during lovemaking. Vaginal rejuvenation procedures aim at correcting the problem by tightening and repairing the damaged muscles returning them to normal
For years, cosmetic surgeons have been able to correct stretched or sagging skin in this area, but recent media attention has prompted many more women to consider this procedure. Surgeons use labiaplasty to correct large or misshapen labial skin and to enhance the external appearance of the vagina. Ultimately an intimate, private decision, women considering this surgery often seek guidance from a Surgeon proficient in this procedure.
If you are considering this or any other Cosmetic Surgery procedure in Phuket, take the next step and receive a free consultation when you request your surgeons appointment schedule . If you’re unsure about scheduling a face to face consultation, but you would like additional advice and information you can trust, you can still complete the Patient registration or send your enquires via our confidential online form.
Common Vaginaplasty Surgical Procedures
The most common surgical procedures associated with vaginaplasty are:
- Labiaplasty – A reduction in the size or removal of pigmentation of inner or outer lips to improve function, appearance and sometimes comfort
- Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginal Tightening (with or without a laser) – Tightening of the vaginal canal and entrance to a pre-child or virgin-like state
- Clitoral Hood Reduction – An increase in stimulation by removing or lessening of excess tissue around the clitoris
- Hymenoplasty – Reattaching the hymen (most commonly for religious purposes or as a celebration of a strong union)
- Liposuction of Mons Pubis – Removal of fat pad that covers the pubic bone
Why have labiaplasty?
Mothers are often unhappy with stretching of the exterior vaginal area caused by natural childbirth. Extended labia can cause discomfort when engaging in physical activity, or even when sitting for long periods of time, and may make you uncomfortable or self-conscious in intimate settings.
How it works.
Labiaplasty is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or twilight sedation supplemented by local anesthesia. Skin and fatty tissue in the labia are carefully sculpted depending on your surgical needs. Immediately after the procedures, you may experience swelling and discomfort, which is controlled through medication. After about five to seven days, you should be able to return to your normal routine, though you must avoid the use of feminine hygiene products and sexual activity for several weeks.