His special interests include:
- Breast surgery (Augmentation)
- Lipofilling (Fat injection) for Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reconstruction
- Liposuction and Body Sculpturing
- Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand 1994-2000 (First Class Honors)
- Internship: Samutsakorn Hospital, Thailand 2000-2001
- Qualification Thai Certified Board of General Surgery. Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand 2001-2005
- Qualification Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand 2005-2007
- AO Craniomaxillofacial Principles Course, Thailand 2007
- ATLS (Advance Traumatic Life Support) doctor course, certified by American College of Surgeons 2008
- Lecturer, Consultant, Division of Head-Neck and Breast Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand 2007-present
- Plastic Surgeon and Head-Neck and Breast surgeon at Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand 2013-present
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Aesthetic Center, Phuket, Thailand 2013-present
- Associate Editor of “Gland Surgery” journal. (Gland Surg; Print ISSN 2227-684X; Online ISSN 2227-8575). The Official Publication of Society for Translational Cancer Research (STCR).
- Reviewer of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology journal.
- Invited International speaker in Italy, Brazil, South Korea, Russia and Turkey.
- Scientific articles;
- 31 international publications
- 4 national publications
- Book Chapters:
- 11 international publications
- 7 national publications
- Fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery, European Institute of Oncology Milan, Italy 2008-2013
- Observership at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA 2012
- Research affiliation at Paris Breast Center, Paris, France 2011
- Research affiliation at Léon Bérard Center, Lyon, France 2011
- Medical Licensure: Medical Council of Thailand, 2000, #25355
- Thai Certified Board of General Surgery, 2005
- Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2007
- Certificate of Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstruction, European Institute of Oncology Milan, Italy, 2013
- Best Academic Resident in Resident and Fellowship Program, 2006, Siriraj Hospital, Thailand
- Second prize winner, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resident Paper Contest, 2007 (The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand)
- Borsa di studio from Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, 2010–2011
- “Young Investigator Program” Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, 2011–2013
- Thai Medical Council
- The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery of Thailand
- The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Thailand
- Thai Breast Disease Society
- International College of Surgeons of Thailand
I had a Breast Augmentation up one size from a B to a C using my own body fat liposuctioned from my hips. It was like getting a two for one as I got slimmer hips and bigger breast. The surgeon was so good at explained all the options and the risk of each that I felt the most comfortable not putting a foreign object into my body to get bigger boobs. The recovery was so quick that I felt that I also got to recover and relax while in Phuket.
I wanted to have my body look more in proportion and even though I had lost all the weight through diet and exercise I could not flatten my hips or loose the fat on the inside of my thighs. Choosing to have liposuction with Dr Visnu was the best solution for me as he was a perfectionist in ensuring I had a well sculptured body in the end that was in proportion now it looks like my diet and exercise was all worth it.
Yippee, I did it thanks, Mel and Dr Poonsak without you I would have just looked at myself as flat chested not now!!! I ended up going a little bigger than I planned but now 8 weeks later I am so glad I did and for the first time in forever I can wear strapless tops. The surgeon was great he went through all my options and I tried a few sizes first before settling on 350cc I felt so comfortable at the hospital all the staff were so helpful.