A suitable candidate:
- will be at least 20 years of age,
- will have had stable vision for the last 12 months,
- is not pregnant,
- is free of certain diseases of the cornea and retina, and
- is in good health.
The majority of conventional reading, refractive and cataract problems can be overcome with laser surgery. To ensure we achieve the best results, it’s essential that your eyes are examined and assessed by our qualified staff in Phuket so they can tailor a treatment plan uniquely for you.
It is necessary to have a thorough examination to see if Laser Vision Correction will work for you.
Prior to seeing your eye surgeon in Phuket, Thailand, their ophthalmic technicians will record the demographic and contact details you have provided prior to your arrival. You will then have several measurements and scans taken. These may include
- The Pentacam HR is a High-Resolution tomography that assesses the curvatures of the front and back of your cornea, and its thickness. The cornea is the clear windscreen in the front of your eye, overlying the coloured part of your eye. You can think of the cornea like the distance focus lens of your eye. It is the cornea that is refocussed during the Lasik laser vision correction procedure. The information obtained from the Pentacam allows a thorough assessment of your suitability for safe Lasik laser vision correction.
- The OPD scan is a set of measurements that can describe the focusing power of the internal crystalline lens behind the pupil. Which can be thought of as the near focusing lens of the eye, allowing you to read without reading glasses when young?
- The Tomey Specular Microscope also helps us assess the health of your cornea by measuring the number and health of the specialised cells on the back of the cornea called the corneal endothelium. These cells are critical to maintaining the transparency of the cornea and hence your vision.
- The IOL Master is used to measure the length and curvature of your eye, as well as the width of your cornea and the depth of the cornea to the crystalline lens behind the pupil. This information is critical if alternative vision correction procedures to Lasik laser vision correction are being considered.
Once your suitability for a particular vision correction procedure has been determined, your surgeon will outline how the procedure works, how long the procedure takes, whether one or both eyes would be treated on the same day, and how quickly vision recovers, and how quickly you can return to work and normal activities.
For your Lasik laser vision correction procedure, it will take approximately 30-40 minutes, although only about 15 minutes of that time will be in the laser suite, of which total laser time will be only 15-30 seconds for each eye for each of the two laser treatments. You won’t see, hear, feel or smell the treatment on your eye! You will be given strong anaesthetic drops before the procedure, so it is virtually painless.
After Lasik laser vision correction, you will rest with for 15 -30 mintues before a brief final discussion of the immediate aftercare requirements – and then back to your hotel!
We strongly recommend that immediately on arriving back to your hotel in Phuket you go to sleep for 3-4 hours to allow your eyes to recover as quickly as possible. We give most patients a sleeping tablet before their procedure starts to allow them to be ready for sleep when they get home. We then suggest most patients wake up, have dinner, another set of eye drops, another sleeping tablet and then sleep through to the morning prior to your next day consultation with us. The more you sleep after your iLasik procedure, the better your eyes will feel and see the next day. We will then routinely see you at one week, one and three months and one year.
Most patients are given a sleeping tablet before their procedure starts to allow them to be ready for sleep when they get home. We then suggest most patients wake up, have something to eat, another set of eye drops, another sleeping tablet and then sleep through to the morning prior to your next day consultation. The more you sleep after your Lasik procedure, the better your eyes will feel and see the next day. The clinic will then routinely see you at one week later prior to your departure home.
Lasik vision correction cost in Thailand is significantly lower than you would expect to pay in Australia, the cost of a Lasik vision correction surgery in Sydney, Brisbane or Perth in Australia would be $5,000 +.
The pricing below is for Vision Correction cost in Phuket and should be used a guide only without having surgical recommendations provided.
|Lasik (wavefront) (2 Eyes)
|Refractive Lens Replacement
The following information sheet has been created as a general guide to assist patients considering having LASIK Vision Correction Surgery in Phuket,Thailand and is intended to provide a broad overview of the important considerations related to the decision to have Lasik Vision Correction surgery. The specific nature of the surgery will vary between individuals and is dependent on the unique circumstances of each person.
The following form has been created as a preliminary questionnaire to send to the LASIK surgeon to gauge your suitability for LASIK eye correction in Thailand. .Please download and complete and then email back to Meditravel so we can have your assessment completed to your suitability.. The specific nature of which surgery will be suitable may vary between individuals and is dependent on the unique circumstances of each person.
If you would like our specialist to advise which procedure would be right for you please complete the online Eye Assessment. We then send that to our specialist who will advise pricing and correct treatment for your vision correction. Complete Form Here