- What functional problems, if any, do you have (e.g., difficulty wearing tight clothing, interference with activities)?
- Does your labia fit within the broad range of reasonable?
- How do you feel about the way your labia look (length, colour, thickness, etc.)?
- What sort of surgical result would you consider ideal (appearance or function)?
- How do you think the surgery would alter the way you feel about yourself, or your ability to undertake specific activities?
Below are some common reasons why you may want to consider vaginal rejuvenation:
- Your vaginal structures sag and have become softer due to aging, weight loss or pregnancies.
- You have discomfort from scarring as a result of previous genital surgeries.
- You have stress urinary incontinence and wish to combine a “vaginal lift” with a corrective procedure.
- You desire a sleeker, more refined contour to your labia and vulva.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Common Vagina Rejuvenation Surgical Procedures
The most common surgical procedures associated with Vagina Rejuvenation are:
- Labiaplasty – A reduction in the size or removal of pigmentation of inner or outer lips to improve function, appearance and sometimes comfort
- Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginal Tightening (with or without a laser) – Tightening of the vaginal canal and entrance to a pre-child or virgin-like state
- Clitoral Hood Reduction – An increase in stimulation by removing or lessening of excess tissue around the clitoris
- Hymenoplasty – Reattaching the hymen (most commonly for religious purposes or as a celebration of an active union)
- Liposuction of Mons Pubis – Removal of fat pad that covers the pubic bone
A labiaplasty or Vagina rejuvenation is usually performed to alleviate a medical condition or for aesthetic reasons. Large labia can cause discomfort in women during physical activities and even at rest. Labiaplasty can relieve these symptoms.
Our self-esteem is intimately tied to the way we view ourselves. Vagina Rejuvenations are often done for women who are seeking an improvement in the way they look. The procedure can alleviate many of the problems that come with age as well as increase your self-esteem.
Some of the benefits our patients typically enjoy following treatment include:
- Increased comfort during exercise, sexual intercourse, and other regular activities
- Enhanced confidence when wearing clothing like bathing suits or yoga pants
- Minimal scarring, incisions are carefully hidden in the natural edge of the labia
- Natural-looking results
- Increased comfort when riding a bicycle or sitting cross-legged
- Labial sensation should return to its pre-operative state after full healing has occurred
- Future pregnancy should not “ruin” the results; results are long-lasting!
This procedure can be a rewarding, personal treatment that can immensely improve a woman’s quality of life
Labiaplasty is day-case surgery that can be done under general anesthetic, or local anesthetic. There are a few different surgical approaches to reducing the size or changing the shape of the labia. Your surgeon will discuss the differences in these with you, including the pros and cons of each approach. The most common methods have are either removal of a V-shaped wedge from one or more areas along the labia minora, or trimming of the labia minora, or a combination of these two. If you are concerned about the shape of your mons pubis or your labia majora it is possible to have fat transferred – either to reduce or increase volume in these areas.
Excess labia minora tissue is removed through incisions that are hidden in natural creases and folds in the external genitalia region. Generally, the labia majora are left alone. The results are a neatly trimmed result that allows the skin of the inner labias to be neatly tucked up inside the outer labias when a woman is sitting or standing.
Occasionally, excess skin in the front of the region around the clitoral hood (the “prepuce” region) is also trimmed, known as a clitoral hood reduction. Trimming skin here does not change a woman’s erogenous sensation to the region nor does it change the ability for a woman to achieve orgasm. Labiaplasty does NOT involve surgery on the internal genital anatomy such as the vagina.
Downtime varies from patient to patient, but strenuous exercise is not recommended for 4-6 weeks, and intercourse should be avoided for 6-8 weeks after surgery. Results are permanent, and women are uniformly more comfortable physically, satisfied with the aesthetic results and happy afterward
It is sensible to plan to take a 7-10 days away from work and your usual activities. It is common to have significant swelling and discomfort after the operation, although this can be managed with ice packs, rest and analgesia. You will be able to shower and wash after the surgery.
Following a labiaplasty, you must allow your body to heal with “quiet activity” for at least 3-4 weeks, up to 6-8 weeks. Like any type of Plastic Surgery, there is increased blood flow to the region operated on and increased activity will deliver additional circulation to the area, prolonging swelling and potentially delaying your recovery.
- Temporary numbness
- Asymmetry between the inner and outer labia lips
- Pigmentation changes
- Decreased feeling in that area
- Excess scar tissue buildup (appearing as lumps on the treated area)
- Hematoma (break in blood vessel causing localized blood-filled area or blood clot)
- Puckering or creases of the skin
- Sexual dysfunction
We understand that you will not always be sure about what surgery will be needed and that you will need to know that you are, in fact, a candidate for Vagina Rejuvenation surgery. To address this, you have the opportunity to have one of our highly qualified surgeons from Phuket International Hospital provide you with their personal recommendations at no cost or commitment to you to proceed with surgery.
Step 1: Take photos as required
Step 2: Complete the Patient Registration and upload images taken
Step 3: Receive personalised Recommendations, exact cost and duration required to stayin Phuket for recovery, from a surgeon specialised in your chosen procedure.
The cost of Labiaplasty in Thailand can vary depending on the final surgery or combination of surgeies chosen to achieve you goals.
Our advice to get a clear picture of what is going to work to achieve your results is to submit your images and patient information so our Thailand Surgeons who can provide you with recommendations. These recommendations will include what surgery will achieve your results, confirmation of price and duration you require for recovery in Phuket.
The pricing below is for Vagina Rejuvenation cost in Phuket and should be used a guide only without having surgical recommendations provided.
|Vagina||Labia Minora Reduction(IV Sedation)||70,000||$2,600||50,000||$1,900|
|Vagina||LabiaMinora Reduction (GA)||65,000||$2,400||90,000||$3,400|
|Vagina||Labia Majora + Minora Reduction(LA)||90,0000||$3,400|
|Vagina||Labia Majora + Minora Reduction(LA)||160,000||$6,100|
|Vagina||Vagina Tightening AP Repair||100,0000||$3,800|
The following information sheet has been created as a general guide to assist patients considering having Vagina Rejuvenation Surgery in Thailand and is intended to provide a broad overview of the important considerations related to the decision to have Vagina Rejuvenation surgery. The specific nature of the surgery will vary between individuals and is dependent on the unique circumstances of each person.