Having a brow lift in Thailand can be an effective way to refresh the appearance of those with frown lines and drooping eyelids. A relatively straightforward surgical procedure, it is designed to minimize or remove these signs of aging, which tend to make patients look tired, drowsy, or upset regardless of how they feel. Typical results of a brow lift include the fading or disappearance of lines on the forehead, raised eyelids, and a younger, more energetic appearance overall
Most patients opting for brow lift surgery are between 40 and 50 years old, with brow lines, and eyelids that have begun to sag noticeably, and wrinkles or creases start to appear on the forehead. Hereditary causes sometimes make these problems an issue for people in their 20s and 30s, in which case a brow lift can also help. After an in-depth discussion with an experienced cosmetic surgeon, some decide that a brow lift performed in conjunction with other procedures (e.g., a
After a detailed discussion with our experienced Neck Lift Surgeon in Thailand, some agree that a brow lift performed in conjunction with other procedures (e.g., a facelift or eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) will provide the best results.
At your consultation in Phuket, your entire forehead and upper eyelid area will be examined at rest and with muscle animation. The particular brow lift surgical technique recommended will depend on your skin quality, the degree of skin elasticity and redundancy, the position of your eyebrows, amount of excess upper eyelid skin, and the shape and height of your hairline.
Brow lift procedures have evolved from open techniques to more complex short incision and endoscopic techniques. A brow lift or Forehead lift usually involves incisions in the hair-bearing scalp, but sometimes incisions are made in the forehead and the upper eyelids.
- Open brow lift. Your surgeon makes a long incision across the forehead, either around the hairline or in one of the creases of the forehead, and lifts the skin away from the underlying tissues. The surgeon then loosens muscles and removes fat. He or she removes any excess skin, pulls the remaining skin down, and stitches the brow into its new position. Other names sometimes used to describe open brow lift include classic, coronal or trichophytic brow lift.
- Endoscopic brow lift. Your surgeon will insert an endoscope (a long, thin tube with a light at the end attached to a video camera) through several tiny incisions in the scalp. This allows your surgeon to see and work on the various internal structures of the forehead. The endoscopic technique requires very minimal incisions, but it may not be equally beneficial for all patients.
- Limited incision technique. This hybrid method of both procedures is non-endoscopic with limited incisions. It uses a small portion of the ends of the coronal technique incision to elevate the outside part of the eyebrows under direct vision without an endoscope. The resulting scars are hidden in the temporal hairline, even in balding men who have little temporal hair remaining. While this procedure does not address the center area of the brow, it can reduce wrinkles at the corners of the eyes, commonly referred to as ‘crow’s feet.’ Since many forehead lift procedures are performed with an upper eye lift, the upper eyelid incisions are used to complete the forehead lift procedure by treating the ‘frown’ lines between the eyebrows and raising the inside part of the eyebrows.
The type of brow lift you undergo will be based on your facial features and esthetic preferences. The goal of your Thai plastic surgeon and the entire hospital staff is to help you achieve the most beautiful and natural-looking results, as well as to make your surgical experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
All men and women over the age of 40 see signs of age appear on the face. The forehead is usually one of the first places where lines and wrinkles appear due to excessive muscle movement. Fortunately, brow lift surgery can do away with a number of cosmetic flaws on the upper third portion of the face. The many benefits of brow lift surgery include:
- Increase confidence with enhanced appearance
- Rejuvenate appearance for a more youthful look
- Look more pleasant and approachable
- Alleviate the tension in the forehead muscles
- Can combine with other treatments, like a face lift or eyelid surgery
- Endoscopic brow lift causes minimal side effects and fast recovery
- Excellent, long-lasting results – up to 10 years or more
- Incisions are well hidden, and scarring will be minimal
- Natural-looking results
- Position eyebrows to better suit your face
- Correct droopy eyebrows or uneven eyebrows
A brow lift is performed under general anaesthesia for optimal comfort, control and safety. Incisions are made as appropriate, based on your anatomy and specific features of aging. The skin of the forehead is elevated and the deep layers of the forehead are lifted.
Muscles that depress the eyebrows may be disrupted, rearranged or weakened to correct for deep furrows or lines in the forehead: The corrugator muscle pulls the eyebrows toward one another and downward, creating vertical lines above the nose, known by some as the “11 (eleven) lines”. The FRONTALIS MUSCLE is responsible for horizontal lines across the forehead. The procerus muscle creates transverse wrinkles between the eyebrows and at the bridge of the nose. Each of these muscles is addressed as appropriate for your particular situation.
Together with addressing the muscles, eyebrow position is corrected, soft tissues are repositioned, and excess skin is trimmed. The skin and deeper layers of the brow are then ‘fixed’ in their new position to underlying soft tissue or bone. The corrected position of the brow is maintained using permanent sutures, absorbable or permanent surgical screws or absorbable fixation devices placed inconspicuously under the scalp. Dissolving stitches (“sutures”) are used wherever possible. Surgical staples may be placed in the hair-bearing scalp region for easy removal in a week or two in the office.
When you awake from your brow lift, soft dressings will be in place, and you will be comfortable. Brow lift surgery is not normally very painful. Pain medication is prescribed for you to take after surgery as needed. A small, soft Drain may be placed to remove gently “wound fluid” under the skin for 1 to 2 days after surgery. Surgery may be done as an outpatient procedure, or an overnight stay may be recommended, depending on the details of the operation.
Brow lift incisions tend to heal very well with good quality scars due to the excellent blood supply of the scalp and forehead region, concealment of incisions within the hair and avoidance of tension on the closure. As mild swelling and any bruising subsides, visible improvements of the brow lift procedure will appear over a few weeks.
The results of a brow lift are a reversal of the effects of gravity and softening of soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful contour and brighten the upper face.
It takes several months up to a year for the final results to be evident and for all scars to become “mature”.
A brow lift lasts forever, giving your forehead a smoother, more youthful appearance that will endure in the long term. However, you will continue to age as appropriate after any type of facial Plastic Surgery. In the future, you will still appear younger than if you had not had your procedure, but you will never appear tight, “overdone” or abnormal.
When considering any surgery, it’s wise to review potential complications associated with the procedure before deciding to undergo treatment. While a brow lift is relatively safe, there are risks to be aware of. For instance, a loss of sensation along incisions made during surgery sometimes occurs. While this numbness is usually temporary, in some cases it will not fade over time.
More rarely, surgery may cause nerve damage, resulting in paralysis of the area around the eyebrows and lower forehead. In other situations, hair loss occasionally occurs along scar lines that form after surgery.
One of the best ways to avoid such complications is to allow us to select a qualified surgeon with extensive experience conducting brow lift procedures. In addition, patients should always follow their surgeon’s instructions before and after surgery as closely as possible.
A Browlift or a Forehead Lift cost in Thailand is significantly lower than you would expect to pay in Australia, the cost of a forehead lift in Sydney, Brisbane or Perth in Australia would be $9000 +.
Our advice to get a clear picture of what is going to work to achieve your results is to submit your images and patient information so our Thailand Surgeons who can provide you with recommendations. These recommendations will include what surgery will achieve your results, confirmation of price and duration you require for recovery in Phuket.
The pricing below is for Brow or Forehead Lift cost in Phuket at Phuket International Hospital (PIAC Phuket) or with Dr Boonchai in Bangkok and should be used a guide only without having surgical recommendations provided.
||Endoscopic Forehead Lift
||Endoscopic Coronal Brow Lift
Please Note Phuket:
- Revision case from other hospital, Plus 30% of below package price.
- Coronal brow lift price = Endoscopic Forehead Lift price.
- All items are procedures done under General Anesthesia
We understand that you will not always be sure about what surgery will be needed and that you will need to know that you are, in fact, a candidate for your brow lift surgery. To address this, you have the opportunity to have one of our highly qualified surgeons from Phuket International Hospital provide you with their personal recommendations at no cost or commitment to you to proceed with surgery.
Step 1: Take photos as required
Step 2: Complete the Patient Registration and upload images taken
Step 3: Receive personalised Recommendations, exact cost and duration required to stayin Phuket for recovery, from a surgeon specialised in your chosen procedure.
[sdm_download id=”1266″ fancy=”1″]