Not everyone is a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. A good surgical candidate has realistic expectations of improvement, not perfection
Breast Reduction Surgery in Thailand is a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Have Fully developed breasts
- You don’t smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areola’s caused by stretched skin
- You are comfortable with the idea of having your recovery away from home
After a thorough evaluation and photographic assessment with our Surgeons in Thailand, breast reduction options using the most modern and individually tailored techniques will be recommended. In every case, your surgeon will recommend and select the least invasive, most nominal incision approach to achieve the most beautiful results. The top breast reduction techniques that are available are as follows:
- Circumareolar Breast Reduction – A reduction mammoplasty performed with a “doughnut” incision made around the areola only is used
- Circumvertical Breast Reduction – A “Lollipop” reduction mammoplasty, or short scar breast reduction, with an incision around areola and a vertical line
- Wise-Pattern Reduction – The more classical “Inverted-T” breast reduction, with an incision around the areola, a vertical line to the inframammary crease, and a horizontal line
- Suction-Assisted Breast Reduction – a breast reduction performed with liposuction, solely, or in conjunction with the above
There are numerous factors that must be considered in the selection of the best breast reduction technique. Your surgeon will discuss these with you at your consultation in Phuket and you will together decided on the final surgery to have to achieve your goals.
By blending the specific physical requirements and individual desires, the best reduction mammoplasty methods can be selected. The specific techniques and incision patterns are ultimately formulated on the anticipated final balance between the breast “foundation”, consisting of breast gland and soft tissue, and the elastic properties and size of the “skin bra”. Only with the greatest respect for this relationship can the most beautiful and natural breast shape be achieved, and the top breast reduction results be obtained.
Ideal candidates for male breast reduction are those with elastic skin that can be easily reshaped, producing excellent breast reduction results. The surgery is not recommended for men who are overweight or obese. Doctors often encourage these patients to try traditional weight loss methods before undergoing breast reduction surgery.
Certain medical conditions and the use of drugs such as steroids have been linked to gynecomastia; however, the cause of the condition is not always known.
Men who have this condition often experience feelings of shame, emasculation, and embarrassment. It is therefore important that male patients choose a breast reduction surgeon they feel comfortable with. Men who drink alcohol in excess or smoke marijuana are generally discouraged from undergoing breast reduction surgery since both alcohol and marijuana have been linked to the condition.
If you are considering breast reduction surgery and feel you are a candidate, we recommend you complete your Medical and Photographic assessment to obtain surgical recommendations from our Thailand Male Breast reduction surgeons.
There are several different techniques that can be used including as discussed above. Your surgeon will discuss these options with you during your consultation when you arrive in Phuket so you can agree on the best technique for you.
Whichever option you and your Thailand Surgeon agree on, the operation will involve incisions being made on and around your breasts and excess fat and skin being removed. Your nipple will also be removed and repositioned. The technique your surgeon utilises will determine where your scars are.
To find out more about more about what happens during a breast reduction surgery procedure and to find out the best option for you. Submit your images for your free surgical evaluation and recommendations. We also advise watching our 3D animation on Breast reduction surgery in our Patient Resource centre or from tab below.
You should know that:
- Breast reduction surgery can interfere with certain diagnostic procedures
- Breast and nipple piercing can cause an infection
- Your ability to breastfeed following reduction mammaplasty may be limited; talk to your surgeon if you are planning to nurse a baby
- The procedure can be performed at any age but is best done when your breasts are fully developed
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgery, as can significant weight fluctuations
When your breast reduction procedure is complete, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions. An elastic bandage or support bra may be worn to minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.
You will be given specific instructions for breast reduction recovery that may include: how to care for your breasts following breast reduction surgery, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period.
- Where will I be taken after my surgery is complete?
- What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- Are stitches removed?
- At what point can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- Do I return for follow-up care?
The practice of medicine and surgery is not an exact science. Although good results are expected, there is no guarantee. In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single breast reduction procedure and another surgery may be necessary.
Is There Surgery After Care Service in Thailand?
Yes. There is a continuing commitment by Meditravel to you which doesn’t stop once you have had your Breast Reduction surgery in Phuket. Your long-term health and well-being are important to travel, PIAC Hospital, and your surgeon. Your surgeon will monitor and check on your progress during your stay in Phuket. This means you will have a follow-up visit to ensure that your recovery is progressing how it should prior to your departure home. Your surgeon will provide you with any further instruction or guidelines to following during you recovery period.
Your Breast Reduction Surgery aftercare is included in your Surgery Package and is at no additional cost. It does include 24 hour access to your surgeon and his team while you are in Phuket and when you return home, which is vital if something unforeseen happens or you have any follow up questions or concerns.
The cost of Breast Reduction surgery in Thailand or Breast Reduction in Sydney can vary depending on the technique used and if you require a free nipple graph, implants or Breast Lift.
Our advice to get a clear picture of what is going to work to achieve your results is to submit your images and patient information so our Thailand Surgeons can provide you with recommendations. These recommendations will include what surgery will achieve your results, confirmation of price and duration you require for recovery in Phuket.
The pricing below is for standard Breast Reduction cost in Thailand and should be used a guide only without having surgical recommendations provided.
|Breast Reduction||Without Implants||185,000||$7,000||220,000||$8,400|
|Breast Reduction||With Implants||240,000||$9,100||240,000||$9,100|
The following information sheet has been created as a general guide to assist patients considering having Breast Reduction surgery in Thailand and is intended to provide a broad overview of the important considerations related to the decision to have breast reduction surgery. The specific nature of the surgery will vary between individuals and is dependent on the unique circumstances of each person.
HAVE A QUESTION, OR LIKE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT A PROCEDURE?