Arm Lift in Thailand Candidates
People with excess skin and localised fat in the upper arms — either caused by aging, genetics or significant weight loss — may be suitable candidates for arm lift surgery in Thailand.
Arm lift surgery is ideally performed after you have achieved your weight loss goals and reached a plateau. If you are continuing to lose weight, you should wait before having arms lift surgery.
When to Consider an Arm Lift in Thailand
- If your weight is healthy, but you feel your shape is affected by underarm laxity.
- If you have lost weight and are left with excess upper-arm skin and fat that may resemble bat wings.
- If you are willing to accept a scar in exchange for shapelier arms.
- Other attempts, such as diet and exercise, are not successful in toning your arms
- You have realistic goals and expectations
- You plan to maintain a stable weight
Arm Lift incisionn placement will vary, depending on the type of arm lift procedure needed, but all incisions will be placed carefully where they will be least noticeable. Our surgeon at PIAC Hospital has extensive experience and expertise in the full range of arm lift surgery options. They will assess your condition and recommend the procedure that would best suit your particular needs. The most common arm lift procedures include:
- Short-scar arm lift can address mild excess skin in the inner arm only. The incision is placed in the armpit (axilla).
- Limited incision arm lift can address mild to the moderate excess skin in the upper arm. The incision extends from armpit to mid portion of the upper arm.
- A traditional arm lift can address moderate to a severe excess skin. The incision extends from armpit to elbow. Traditional arm lift may have a classic “T” incision in the armpit, or a “Z”-plasty incision to minimize the appearance of scarring.
- An extended arm lift can address severe excess skin that extends beyond the upper arms. Incision runs from armpit to elbow and then may extend to the lateral chest wall and the breast, as necessary
Our Surgeons in Thailand will discuss your Arm Lift surgery with you at length at your consultation after arriving.
The length of your procedure will depend on many factors, but on average; the procedure usually takes 2-4 hours.
To begin arm lift surgery, your surgeon makes an incision underneath you lower arm, so any scarring will be barely noticeable. If needed, they will then use liposuction to remove any fat deposits.
The next step involves sculpting and tightening the underlying tissues and removing any excess skin. Depending on your individual situation, your surgeon may insert a drain to remove any fluid or blood from the surgical area to reduce swelling and bruising. The final step of the surgery involves closing the incisions and dressing the surgical site. After the arm lift is complete, you will be moved to the recovery area for observation as you wake up from the sedation.
Every surgery is different, and you will receive detailed post-operative instructions for your particular needs. In general, you can expect to swell in the arms for 1-2 weeks after surgery.
Arm lift in Thailand recovery is surprisingly fast, and you will likely return to work in a week or so. You will need some assistance during this recovery time as your arms will be expectedly sore. Strenuous exercise and heaving lifting must be avoided for at least two weeks.
Most patients report mild to moderate pain after the surgery, which is usually well-tolerated with medications. At Meditravel our concern for you doesn’t end when you go home. We’re dedicated to providing ongoing care to ensure a fast, safe, and smooth recovery. Your surgeon will see you for post-operative visits, and he and his staff stand ready to answer any questions you may have about your recovery, as well as your overall health and well-being.
Your arms will be instantly slimmer and firmer after arm lift procedure. As with all plastic surgeries, results will continue to improve in the weeks and months following surgery. It is important to note that arm lift surgery does lead to a scar on the upper arm. Your surgeon will ensure that you have a detailed understanding of how the scar may look after recovery. For most patients, the benefits of smaller and youthful looking arms far outweigh the possible scar.
We understand that you will not always be sure about what surgery will be needed and that you will need to know that you are, in fact, a candidate for your Arm lift surgery. To address this, you have the opportunity to have one of our highly qualified surgeons from Phuket Plastic Surgery Institute provide you with their personal recommendations at no cost or commitment to you to proceed with surgery.
Step 1: Take photos as required
Step 2: Complete the Assessment Form and upload images taken
Step 3: Receive personalised Recommendations, exact cost, and duration required to staying for recovery, from a surgeon specialised in your chosen procedure.
An Arm Lift cost in Thailand is significantly lower than you would expect to pay in Australia, the cost of arm lift in Sydney, Brisbane or Perth in Australia would be $10000 +.
Our advice to get a clear picture of what is going to work to achieve your results is to submit your images and patient information so our Thailand Surgeons who can provide you with recommendations. These recommendations will include what surgery will achieve your results, confirmation of price and duration you require for recovery in Phuket or Bangkok
The pricing below is for standard Arm Lift cost in Phuket and Bangkok should be used a guide only without having surgical recommendations provided.